Text: Matt 6:14-15, Luke 6:36-37, EPH 4:31-32
what is the meaning of forgiveness?
• Forgiveness simply means to stop feeling angry or resentful towards someone for an offense or mistake
• Nobody is above mistake, it can be you some other time.
• It is the commandment of Go for us to forgive one another irrespective of the offense, either big or small, either painful or shameful. Luke 6:37
• There is no need for you to stop keeping malice or holding people in your heart.
• Forgiveness is therefore reciprocal according to the planning of God ‘’ if you refuse to forgive, you will also not be forgiven’’
Basic facts about forgiveness
1. Forgiveness gives room for healthy relationship either among couples, business partners, co tenants, co-laborers.
2. Forgiveness gives room for peace in your heart and all around you.
3. Without forgiveness you cannot be connected to the Holy Spirit. The holy ghost does not dwell in a dirty environment, if you are unforgiving in your heart holy ghost will not enter there.
4. Forgiveness brings about open heaven and answered prayer
5. When you are forgiving you will be tolerant and enduring.
6. Forgiveness makes you adaptable to all conditions and atmosphere. ‘’you can live or stay anywhere’’
7. If you don't forgive you can not forget
8. Without forgiveness there cannot be miracle. Ps 103:3
9. Unforgiveness puts a man into the cage of format. As you continue to remember you continue to get the pain why not let go at once.
How Do I Forgive
1. Accepting Your Offenders For Whom They Are. No Man Is An Island, We Will Live To Offend One Another
2. Open Up Your Heart To Tell Your Offenders How You Feel
3. Remember That God Commands You To Forgive
4. Be Ready To Accept Any Form Of Apology Given To You
5. Gifts And Visitations- Peace Offering
6. Great Avenue To Share Laugh And Pray Together.